The Corley's

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Buddah's Blessing

We have left the Hunan province for the Ghuangdong province, a city name Ghuang Zhaou to be exact, about one hour north of Hong Kong. We are on a small island in the city called Shamian Island. It's a small oasis of Western culture that houses many of the adoptive families while they process paperwork through the US consulate, as we will over the next few days. The buildings are tightly clustered with a British influence. There are many other American families, American food, people speak English. Shops cater to the adoptive families. It's very comforting to us all.


We did some shopping and sightseeing. We visited a Buddhist temple where a Buddhist monk performed a blessing ceremony on the adoptive families and children. We enjoy learning about the culture that brought us this little girl very much.


We did well on the shopping, I resumed the negotiating reigns with my usual skill and got us some tremendous deals. After dinner we visited a shop and I let Dawn practice some haggling on some small items. With some coaching from the master she did quite well.


Olivia is doing wonderfully. She has really opened up. The Hunan province is famous for its spicy food and they say girls from Hunan are spicy too. Liv is a spicy little Hunan girl. She is no longer shy, she does her very best to let you know what she wants. She loves to smile, laugh and chat away. And very curious, without fear, like Grace at this age. I have to hold on tight near an open window as she will try to pull herself closer to see out. She squirms all over her stroller to get a better view.





She likes to ride on my shoulders and use my ears as handlebars. Every now and then she leans around to look me in the face and smile. Mommy has taught her to use my head as a bongo drum. Her tickle spot is on her side below her ribs. If I growl and nibble her there she treats me with squeals and giggles.















She is an absolute joy to be around. She lights up a room and puts a smile on a stranger's face, just like her sister can. It's going to be fun being her daddy. I am a very fortunate man to have these girls in my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

It's great to keep up with you on your trip. Olivia is absolutely beautiful!

I've sent you a couple of emails with the media release attached and have received no response. Please email or call to approve the release before it goes out. Thanks!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home